Monday, February 2, 2015

Orange Nutmeg Popover Rolls

It has snowed twice since last week's blizzard. It's actually currently snowing in NYC. Winter has definitely decided to stay around. However, I didn't get a snow day from work. No snow day from work = no time to bake.
 
Fear not! I still have something to post! I made these rolls last week during the blizzard along with the Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies. My kitchen was THE PLACE TO BE during winter storm Juno. Just saying.
 
I was excited about these rolls because I love popovers. Also, I was nervous about using yeast. Isn't that silly? I've used yeast many times before and have baked lovely baked goods with yeast and yet I'm always nervous about using it. Probably because yeast is so finicky.
 
This recipe yielded more of a dinner roll than a popover. When I hear "popover" I think of something airy and eggy. This recipe yielded just a normal dinner roll with the added benefits of nutmeg, orange, cinnamon, and sugar flavors.
 
If you're intrigued by the combo or want a twist on the normal dinner roll, by all means feel free to try your hand at this roll. But if you want something more extraordinary, you can skip making this recipe.
Recipe found on Honest Cooking
Bake well and prosper!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Erika,

    Snow day = no work = more baking... I really like this simple equation!!! LOL!!!

    These popover are so soft and fluffy! You should bake more :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love popovers and definitely love the unique flavors in yours. They look so good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erika,
    Long time no talk! It really has been a while since I visited your blog...hope you have been well - noticed you havent blogged for a while too!
    -Viv

    ReplyDelete
  4. UT聊天室 美女直播 視頻聊天室
    UT視訊影音聊天室
    Live173視訊聊天交友網
    173免費視訊聊天
    影音視訊聊天室
    UT視訊美女直播聊天室
    173視訊影音聊天室
    Live 173免費視訊聊天
    台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室
    超激情辣妹免費視訊視頻聊天室
    日本美妞私密視頻成人私聊開放性裸體多人聊天室愛寫真美女圖片站美女視訊戀愛ing
    私密視頻美女視頻同城交友東方秀視頻聊天色妹妹成人在線電影歐美色區性愛戀愛物語視訊
    全球隨機視頻網怎麼用視頻演藝聊天室微秀58多人視頻聊天美女裸泳無遮擋圖片情色視訊
    校內隨機視頻網寂寞女免費視頻交友視頻美女裸聊AV快播電影天堂約炮論壇愛戀視訊
    脫衣舞同城交友視頻聊天網寂寞激情直播間真人秀場聊天室黃的言情小說免費閱讀rc色視訊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't like this post here Rooms Avaibles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB