Friday, August 22, 2014

Blackberry Pie Pockets

I recently went a little crazy at the local health food store buying up all types of berries. They all looked delicious and they were all going for a really good price. I bought strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.

The next day I felt a little silly. How was I going to eat all these berries before they went bad? One solution was to freeze some and use them in smoothies. My other solution was to bake with them.

I decided to bring back an old recipe but change the inside filling, so I made these blackberry pie pockets for a friend's BBQ party.
I had forgotten how buttery this dough is! If you like butter, you'll love this recipe. If you like things on the sweeter side, I would suggest adding a little more filling and then drizzling a light powdered sugar frosting on top of these after they cool off from the oven.
Blackberry Pie Pockets recipe found here: Jameson Marmalade Pockets
Erika's Extras: Just substitute whatever jam you'd like to use for the filling. I used blackberry jam and then added half a blackberry in the middle
Bake well and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB