Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Cookies

My room mate and I exchanged Christmas gifts to each other a couple of days after Christmas. He was a little baffled as to what to get me but I was ready for this question. I told him that I desperately needed new cookie sheets. Mine were over 4 years old!
 
Not only did he get me amazing Nordic Ware cookie sheets, he got me wire racks. I didn't have any proper ones. I only had makeshift ones. I felt so spoiled!
 
The cookie sheets came with a recipe for cookies. So, naturally, I decided to christen the baking sheets with the recipe that came with them.
I used 90% organic products and I highly suggest using at least organic peanut butter and dark chocolate when making these. These cookies weren't too soft and weren't too hard. They were just right. Dipping them in chocolate and then sprinkling on the peanuts makes them appear more gourmet (like they came from a candy shop.) And of course the pairing of peanuts and chocolate is a win-win, just like this recipe!
Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Cookies (adapted from the recipe that came with Nordic Ware cookie sheets)
1/2 C butter, room temperature
1/2 C peanut butter
1 C and 2 Tblsp flour
1 C brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped peanuts, divided (Erika's Extras: I used salted peanuts)
8oz dark chocolate
 
Preheat oven to 375° F. In a mixer bowl, mix butter and peanut butter on medium speed until combined. Add 3/4 C flour and the sugar, egg, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add remaining flour (1/4 C & 2 Tblsp) and mix to combine. Stir in 1/2 C chopped peanuts. Place level scoops from cookie scoop onto baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown on the edges. (Might take up to 12 minutes.) Cool on wire racks.
 
Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Dip the cooled cookies in the chocolate and place on baking sheets lined with waxed paper. Sprinkle the chocolate with chopped peanuts. Refrigerate cookies until chocolate is set.
 
Erika's Extra: I had left over melted chocolate and chopped peanuts, so I mixed them together and placed the mixture on waxed paper in a ramekin. Then I placed it in the fridge to harden and I ended up with a lovely chocolate bar to snack on.
Bake well and prosper!

8 comments:

  1. They sound yummy, and I love an easy recipe! Great pix as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,

    I wish that my husband will give me nice gifts that is related to baking. Sometimes, he buys discounted stuff or things that I never need... bah!

    Did you bake these delicious cookies for your room mate as a returning gift? :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. these would quickly disappear in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pippilotta! This recipe is pretty easy (just takes a little more time to wait for things to cool.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe - You should tell your husband the things you need. Then it's a win-win situation. ;)
    My roomie had a cookie, but he's not a big fan of sweets. I gave him a posh sweater and posh shaving cream for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have outdone yourself with these babies, they look simply divine!!!
    *kisses* H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB