Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sporadic Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I went for a hike with some lovely people last week. It was about a 2 hour hike on easy trails. (Of course, for me with my weak ankles, any trail with rocks is hard!)
I worked up such an appetite and rewarded myself with a hearty and rather healthy lunch. My lunch was great, but it was missing something. Dessert!
So, I checked to see what ingredients I had around and created this sporadic cookies. They were so good that I didn't share many. Really. They were amazing. Now I have to try to remember the recipe!
Sporadic Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from my own creativeness
1 stick of melted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup  brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup oatmeal

Turn the oven to 375. Melt the butter and then add the sugars and egg. Add the flour and powder. Add the vanilla. Stir in the oatmeal. Once mixed together by hand, space cookie dough evenly on a cookie sheet and back for 10 minutes or until slightly crispy on top.
Bake well and prosper!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB