Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mini is always cute, right? Mini cupcakes, mini brownies, Minnie-Mouse... Well, I had some mini chocolate chips so I figured it was time for me to make mini cookies.
Since the weather had been so nice in NYC (HAD seeing that it's cold again), I decided to make these small cookies. I figured they would be an easy treat to throw in my bag and go.
See how small and cute they are? I used my normal chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's my favorite. I am addicted to it. So, I greatly enjoyed popping these in my mouth throughout the next couple of days (you know...when the weather was warm.)















Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from my Mom's Best Recipes Cook Book)
1 stick of margarine/butter (I find that margarine will make them softer. Yum!)
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 egg well beaten
1 cup and 2 Tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (use the real thing....imitation vanilla is a poser!)
1/4 teaspoon of warm water (DO IT! TRUST ME!)
6 oz of mini semi sweet chocolate chip morsels

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix margarine, sugars, and egg together until margarine chunks are quite small and well beaten. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together and then stir until well mixed. Add vanilla and then mix. Water and then mix. And then add in the chocolate chips last. Place dollops of dough on cookie sheet with plenty of room between each dollop. Bake 8-10 minutes.

Erika's Extra Notes: To get very lovely and soft cookies, take out of oven when they are still fluffy/slightly uncooked looking. They will cook more while cooling. If baking two sheets at once, make sure to switch the top to the bottom and vice-versa half way through baking.
Bake well and prosper!

4 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB