Monday, November 14, 2011

Everyday Cookies

Wow! I haven't blogged in a month! I don't even know if I remember how to use blogger...

I went into the month of October knowing it would be the busiest month of the year for me. While I was singing Cherubino in the opera The Marriage of Figaro...
I was also in charge of props for all 11 performances of the opera. And while I was in the opera, I also hosted my mom for TWO WEEKS IN MY APARTMENT.
In fact, she was the guest baker for my only post in October: Sour Cream Coffee Cake. (My dad also came to see my show but could only stay for 2 days.)

And while I was singing, taking care of props, hosting my mom, working a full time job, and singing at my church, I also ran the NYC Marathon.
That's me hamming it up for the cameras BEFORE I tightened up and finished poorly. But hey, I finished! I mean, I HAD to. Right after the marathon I had an audition for an opera company. I kid you not.
That's me in my audition dress WITH my medal. I'm surrounded by two friends who celebrated my day's achievements with me.

And while all of THAT happened, the trees changed color. :)
So, as you can see, I was quite busy. I hope this explains why I haven't posted in a month. I'm very sorry and have missed baking/blogging/blogging friends. I was so busy that I even missed my blog's 2 year anniversary! Waaaah!

Now it looks like November and December will be quite busy too! I'm in ANOTHER opera, but no marathon for me. Just a half marathon the day before my birthday. Whew!

As for baking, I liked my mom's idea about making Everyday Cookies. I think they are called that because you can eat them everyday, but I'm going to say that it means to go through everyday one at a time. And eat a cookie everyday. ;)
Everyday Cookies (from my Mom's Best Recipe Book)
Ingredients
1 C butter
1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C oil
1 large egg
1 t vanilla
3 1/2 C flour
1 t salt
1 t soda
1 t cream of tartar
1 C oatmeal
1 C Rice Krispies
1 C shredded coconut

Directions
Mix the butter, sugars, oil, and egg together. Add vanilla. Sift in the flour, salt, soda, and cream of tartar. Stir in the oatmeal, Rice Krispies, and coconut.

Chill dough for one hour. Roll into balls and flatten a bit. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges.
Bake well and prosper!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I have missed you! But I guess its not easy being Wonder Woman, eh daaahling? Love the cookies, they look really hearty and delicious with fabulous ingredients.
    *kisses* HH
    p.s. speaking of opera, Moi is going to see Tosca :) I'm pretty excited

    ReplyDelete
  2. that recipe looks like its easy to memorize! :) like the idea of a cookie a day too hahaha.

    man that sounds like a crazy full on october you had...no wonder didn't hear from you more. "i don't know how [you do] it" (hehe just went to see that movie!) juggling so many things at once...esp with the marathon too! i haven't been so busy as you but just not inspired to blog hehe. lets hope i stil rem how to use blogger too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies are delish! Thanks so much for feeding the Barber cast:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sounded that you have been very busy lately... and you have achieved a lot with such a hectic schedule.

    These cookies will give you lots of energy for all of time juggling.

    PS. I can't stop admiring the NY skyline behind your everyday cookies... Wish that I can live like you at NY... *dreaming*....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly know how to pack your days. I suspect you are never bored. The cookies look wonderful and I have a gang here who will really enjoy them. Have a wonderful holiday. I hope you get to the cake. It is really special. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey daaahling, hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!
    Just water to tell you I'm doing a little giveaway over at my place, so do stop by and enter!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB