Saturday, February 20, 2010

What to say....what to say......

Ok. I'm just going to come right out with it. I'm really tired right now. My wit is waning and I want to whimper and whine about why I am wielding to waves of weariness. (That's right! Read 'em and weep! I used 9 "w" words in one sentence. ... Maybe I'm the only one amused by this since I'm exhausted and even a game of curling could impress me and keep me giddy right now.) (Extra points for mentioning an Olympic sport during the Winter Olympics. Go me!)

Back to desserts.

I just had someone mention that I should post a recipe that involved peanut butter and my brain said, slowly, "Wait a minute....I made something on Valentine's Day with peanut butter. Time to post it!"

(Oh, and by the way, not all my messes are ugly. Look how pretty the V-day colored wrappers are!)

(But they DID make a MOUND of a wrapper MESS.)

So, to all those people out there obsessed with PB and chocolate, this one's for you. Oh, and this one: National Pie Day

(Peanut butter .... nom nom nom)

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (I totally found this recipe on the back of a margarine package and had to try it. Thanks Land O'Lakes!)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup butter/margarine, softened
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mini real semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons sugar
48 milk chocolate candy kisses

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pat dough into ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press evenly spaced chocolate candies into warm bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars, cutting between candies.

Bake well and prosper!

5 comments:

  1. oh man! that looks amazing! and i'm totally impressed with the alliteration...and i'm only slightly delirious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a minute there I thought that I had stumbled upon a lost Dr. Seuss manuscript.

    It was only when I failed to see a wayward wombat in your sentence that I realized I was in the right place (although the addition of this unfortunate creature would have given you a total of eleven).

    Another awesome post filled with stuff I can't eat until after the Ironman. I promise you that I will eat like a king in July.

    All the best,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron! Ironman=AWESOME! You should wear a wayward wombat on your shirt when running! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect 10.0! They were delicious!
    5J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB